Collection of Information
We will only collect personal information that is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Such circumstances include:
- If you contact THE Shed Company, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you establish or access an account or order product from us.
- When you place a quote request on our website to enquire about the price of goods or contact our sales team to purchase goods we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details).
- When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list.
- Financial information that is collected via the website or through our sales offices is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities. If you do not provide any information requested, THE Shed Company may not be able to fulfil one or more of the purposes of collection of your personal information.
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
We may use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which the personal information was collected or for purposes related to or ancillary to that primary purpose. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
In addition we may use or disclose personal information held about you where you have consented to such use or disclosure or where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law, or where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for or conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Security and Storage
THE Shed Company places great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
THE Shed Company secures personal information in the same way we safeguard our own sensitive information. We appreciate that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure and we therefore strive to protect users' personal information by constantly improving the business processes and technology, which we use to protect data.
THE Shed Company collects information from the site using "IP files".
When you visit THE Shed Company website to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Site.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
THE Shed Company is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web site users. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer:
THE Shed Company
P.O. Box 411, Varsity Lakes, QLD, 4227
If we refuse to provide you with access to personal information about you, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988.
THE Shed Company
P.O Box 411, Varsity Lakes, QLD, 4227
THE Shed Company
P.O. Box 411, Varsity Lakes, QLD, 4227
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's Web Site.
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application unless you register with us.
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase and use of the Application, and; (e) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information and project management information.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if Steelx Pty Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com